Pages

Friday, August 30, 2013

Half-Knit

I can tell by this sunflower's progress that fall is around the corner. (My eldest took the lovely photo of one of our garage sunflowers).

The sweater's progress is a bit slow over the last few days (not enough knitting time or knitting opportunities like car rides and waiting in line) after a good jump over the weekend, but I'm getting there! The sleeves have, like the bottom edge, a picot edge to be completed by turning up the hem and sewing it down.




I'm not quite halfway through the second sleeve, but I should be able to get to the underarm before the end of the day if I actually sit down to knit it. If I can get a few other things out of the way first, I plan to sit down with a cup of tea and get to it! The first sleeve has been connected everywhere but the underarm (to be grafted later), and is ready to have the second sleeve join it so I can work the yoke.





I'm not sure if I can have the embroidery done before my September 9th deadline (Kindergarten starts the week after the other kids at our school), but I feel pretty confident about the rest of the sweater, barring any mishaps! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment