Pages

Thursday, April 05, 2012

Snow, Easter Eggs, and Dahlias

It's not unusual here to have snow for Easter. However, as the ground was bare yesterday (and well into the middle of the night), I'm rather taken aback by just how much of it is arriving so quickly! These photos are from about an hour ago, and it's still coming down just as furiously.





It's supposed to end in the afternoon, and I do hope so! I also hope it won't delay field openings in May, because I really want to get out there and play Gaelic football soon!

In crafty news, for the first time in quite awhile, I've made a Ukrainian Easter egg. I found the candle-snuffer that has been missing for six years, so it has probably been that long. A good friend had a Psanky party at her house, and we had a great time. Here's what I made:





I also wanted to share photos of my completed Dahlia cardigan, along with a longish story about running out of yarn, but as I am way behind on a lot of tidying and organizing today (and apparently, snow-shovelling), I'll keep this brief, and show you a photo of the cardigan blocking.



The story and better photos will wait for next time.

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment