Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Ninjabreadmen!

The Ninjabreadmen attempt to subdue a ChuckNorrisbreadman

We made cookies yesterday! I had found a set of Ninja cookie cutters last week, and intended to give them to my husband for Christmas, only he saw them before they could be hidden, so we decided to just jump into action and create these stealthy characters here, iced with deadly accuracy (or something like that). Luckily, we had a few star-shaped sprinkles on hand that could stand-in for throwing stars.

We used the recipe from the box (the dough ends up a bit soft, but if you work it for awhile, it should improve). For icing, I whipped 1 Tbsp. Meringue powder with 1/4 cup water for two minutes, then whipped it for four more minutes with 1 1/2 cups of icing sugar. I reserved a bit of white icing, then added a dab of black Wilton's icing colour. Probably a bit too much, in fact. it takes a fair bit to get a decent black, but I think I went overboard. In future, I'll add it in gradual stages to be sure. Great stuff, and it makes for great ninjas, but it was a bit of work at cleanup time. I recommend smocks and something to cover the table, which are both things that I didn't think of this time around! (Though baking soda works pretty well to get rid of the traces of purple-pink that stick around after you clean off the black icing, so no lasting harm seems to have been done).



The ninjas have been declared tasty, and are currently in the process of disappearing, much as ninjas tend to do.


1 comment: