Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

All Wrapped Up


I've finished making pretty much everything I'm making this year for Christmas, except for an ornament (we won't see the recipient until somewhat after Christmas, so there's a bit of time, and I can probably finish it sometime today or tomorrow anyhow).  I'm really looking forward to sharing a few of the secret projects, but I'll wait until after presents are unwrapped, which will be several days after Christmas in some cases.  In the meantime, here's my husband's felt mittens:


I'm pleased with these, all in all.  If I did them again, I would add a few more rows (in the pre-felted part) before I start the thumb, but I think I made up for it by putting a few rows in after picking up stitches, and before I started the ribbing on the cuff.  I'm still planning on sewing leather to the palms, but I want to check the fit to make sure I have it in just the right place, so I'm waiting until after Christmas for that.




To celebrate finishing up so many projects, I naturally started new projects, rather than going back to the ones that are languishing interrupted by Christmas crafting.  (There's a second sock just begging me to get back to knitting its heel, but it will have to wait a few more days).  I finished up a wee scarf for my younger daughter.














 I whipped up a Quant headband (knit in Patons SWS, 'Natural Geranium') for my older daughter.  She needed something to wear to dance class so she could cover her ears and head, but not mess up her hair, so this works well.  She wanted red and pink, and I wanted to use this yarn up, so we were both happy.  I had a grand time knitting Quant, and am so happy to find out that entrelac isn't as tricky as it looks (though putting it down in the middle of the row can be hazardous if you're not sure when you'll get to pick it back up).





My little one also needs a new toque (that tulip hat was too small after all, even in a bigger size), so I improvised a tuque with earflaps, knit in Noro Transition (colour 7).  The colour is great, the fit is great (slightly roomy, so it should still fit next year), and most important of all, the owner says she likes it.






Now, I just have to clean the house; no small task considering how neglected it has been during all this crafting!

Merry Christmas everyone!  Enjoy your holidays, and happy crafting to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment