Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Back from a Busy Weekend

I needed an extra day to recover from the holiday weekend (we just had Thanksgiving in Canada), so I'm just posting now.  It was a very busy weekend indeed, as we had a lovely wedding to attend, and our youngest had her second birthday, which we celebrated combined with Thanksgiving.  This meant we had a lot of dessert, as there was pumpkin pie, apple pie, (both from Great Grandma) and an Ice Cream cake that I put together for the birthday girl (who even wore her new sweater for quite awhile).



We had a great time visiting, spoiling the birthday girl, and eating lots of great food that our family and friends brought to share.  I do feel so lucky to have such a great family and such lovely friends.


I did manage to find a bit of time to knit (after all, it was a fair drive to get to the wedding), so I re-knit the Tulip hat.  I decided to stick with the sport-weight yarn undoubled, so after adding six stitches to enlarge it by an inch and following the adult-size directions, it worked out just fine.


It's getting decidedly chilly out at night (with the low ranging from 0 to 7 degrees Celsius), meaning cold days will be here soon enough, so I also started yesterday on some mittens (NHM #5 by Terri Shea) with the leftover yarn.  The fit looks good, so I'll start the thumb and the next mitten, and will hopefully have these done in case it's chilly this weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment