Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Christmas Gifts for a Wee One

I have finished a few more Christmas gifts, and I can actually share this one, as the recipient, who is going on three months, definitely does not read the blog.  For the baby boy in question, I knit this hat:

 Being the Bedtime stocking cap by Amanda Keeys.  I used an assortment of yarn that I had on hand, and am pleased with the cheerful effect.  My husband picked out the pattern, and I think it was an excellent choice.









For a gift-tag and Christmas ornament, I knit up a wee sock from Joelle Hoverson's More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts.  Really, I wanted to make a pair of socks, and ran out of yarn, but as I was not sure they would stay up very well anyway, I think this is even better.  I just duplicate-stitched the baby's initial onto the leg of the sock, and made the cast-on tail into a hanging loop.  Voila!

Now, off to figure out if I can fit in more gift-making in-between loads of laundry...

No comments:

Post a Comment