Pages

Sunday, August 08, 2010

We Interrupt this Cardigan to Bring You Wee Things

A new baby is coming soon to a member of my football team, so, when my yarn order arrived, my cardigan was set down on my dresser for a bit.  I was even at an exciting part (the collar is coming along well), but imminent arrivals do get priority.  Besides, it's my birthday, so I'll knit what I want to.

I used Knit Picks Swish Worsted, and the pattern for the hat is Bright Beret by Amanda Keeys, and for the mittens, Bold Banded Mittens by Zöe Mellor.  I did make minor changes to each; in the case of the hat, I knit it at a gauge I liked better (much tighter), so I just made the larger size so that it would come out newborn-sized (or slightly larger) in the end.  For the mittens, instead of a seam across the top, I just used the ever-handy Kitchener stitch, and am well-pleased.  I am also forced to admit by the very wee size of these mittens that my youngest is not so wee anymore (nearly two, in fact.  Time does fly).  

I might just get back to the cardigan later, but in the meantime, there are cupcakes to be eaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment