Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Buttercup Bag 2



I made another Buttercup Bag, from the free pattern by Made by Rae (http://www.made-by-rae.com/2009/02/free-buttercup-bag-sewing-pattern.html) and this one is for a birthday gift.  I'm quite pleased with how it worked out, and how quickly too; this time I used the machine, and had all but the strap sewn on in one day.

I'm very pleased with the fabric that I found at Quiltessential in St. Albert, and I really love the colours I picked out. 

I kept to the pattern with this one, with the exception again of the button closure instead of a magnetic snap.  I did enjoy making a button-hole by hand.  Despite that I keep claiming that I don't really sew, I've been doing a bit of it lately, and seem to have plans to do more.  I picked up a copy of Absolutely A-line (good fun, but simple enough for me) by Wendy Gratz, so there will be dresses for the girls to make now!






No comments:

Post a Comment