Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Crunch Time


Less than two weeks now until Christmas, and I have four projects to finish, and one optional set of handwarmers for someone who really isn't expecting a gift, so I'll probably make them later for a just-because-gift.  So, that's one pair of socks and a hat to finish knitting (I'm just over halfway through the hat and the second of the socks), and a toy monkey and pillow to crochet (about halfway through the pillow too). 

The pillow matches my sister-in-law's Christmas decor scheme just right, so I just had to add it to my list to make.  The pattern is Cheery Cushions by Regina Rioux, except that I'm swapping the snowflake for the one from the Let It Snow Doilyby Susan Lowman.  It seems I'm picky about my snowflakes; they must have six points.  I did up the snowflake in the same yarn I'm using for the rest of the pillow, and while it doesn't cover the whole front like the original snowflake does, I think it will look quite nice.  Sewing it down is going to be a pain-in-the-neck, but it should be worth it.









No comments:

Post a Comment