Pages

Friday, November 06, 2009

Knitting to Prevent (excessive) Grouchiness


Last night, I did not sleep well.  I mostly blame my allergies, but I'm sure the two-o'clock wake-up with my youngest didn't help either.  Today, I'm grouchy, and there is company coming by later, so I have to deal with the disaster zone that is my living room.  It wasn't so bad this morning, but my eldest has since untidied it further.

So, I've been knitting away whenever I find my grouchiness getting out of hand.  It hasn't helped much with the cleaning, but I'm sure my kids are much happier to find me more or less calm.

Anyway, I've been enjoying working on the Eesti Trail Hiking Socks by Nancy Bush (in Patons Classic Wool) for my husband.  They're a surprise for Christmas (he picked out the pattern quite some time ago, but has no idea that I started them), so I don't get to work on them as often as I'd like, or they'd be done by now.  I find this project especially calming.  There's something cozy about grey.

Also, I've finally gotten around to giving that mitten a thumb (it was asking for one pretty much every time I opened the dresser drawer I've been keeping it in), and am finished the first of two dog legwarmers.  I do hope I have enough red yarn.  I know the dog won't care if his legwarmers don't match, but it might make me twitchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment