Pages

Tuesday, March 05, 2019

Fennel Cardigan

My subscriber copy of Interweave Knits Spring 2019 arrived back on Thursday, and it reminded me that I had not yet written a blog post about my contribution to the issue, the Fennel Cardigan.

Photo Courtesy of Harper Point Photography for Interweave Knits

It's very nearly a year since I set up a proposal for this sweater to send in to Interweave, and I was very pleased that they decided to include my work in the issue. I enjoyed every minute of knitting this sweater, which uses Blue Sky Fibers Woolstok, a delightful worsted weight 100% wool yarn.


Photo Courtesy of Harper Point Photography for Interweave Knits


The Fennel Cardigan features a simple yet striking cable pattern that is mirrored at the back and to either side of the buttonband, a V-neck, set-in sleeves, and pockets. Nice, large pockets. The theme for this magazine issue is Impressionist Art, and I felt this is the sort of cardigan one could wear while painting or sketching outside on a mild day, with plenty of room in the pockets for a small notebook, some pencils or brushes, or perhaps small treasures found while on a walk. It's also the sort of cardigan one could wear in a chilly office year-round, around the house, or well, pretty much anywhere. While sized for men, the sample for this cardigan fits me nicely (well, if I fold the cuffs back for my shorter arms anyhow), and I am looking forward to wearing it when the sample comes back to me.

You can purchase the magazine issue here for the digital edition, and here for the print edition. If you like the Fennel Cardigan, why not head on over to Ravelry to add it to your favourites (and/or your queue if you're planning on making the sweater).

Photo Courtesy of Harper Point Photography for Interweave Knits

No comments:

Post a Comment