Pages

Wednesday, December 05, 2018

Cloudbreak Gloves

 I have a new pattern out in Issue 96 of Knit Now Magazine!

Photo courtesy of Knit Now Magazine (Practical Publishing)

The Cloudbreak Gloves are worked in Yarn Stories Fine Merino 4-ply, which can be found here via the Yarn Stories webpage. This buttery-soft yarn is cozy, warm, and comes in a lovely array of colours, which I took full advantage of with these gloves. The glow in the centre of the motif reminds me of that moment when the sun breaks free of the clouds after a storm, and that seemed to fit the theme of the collection "Island Life" quite well. I might live in a land-locked province, but I've seen that light during my travels and I hope I captured it well!

Photo courtesy of Knit Now Magazine (Practical Publishing)

I love looking through the Knit Now moodboards whenever there is a call for design submissions, as they're always guaranteed to inspire. I particularly could not resist coming up with a submission for this call, as I adore stranded colourwork, and, well, could you resist it? Take a look; here's a link to the Moodboard that inspired these gloves: Island Life Moodboard.

Kate Heppell, the Editor of Knit Now Magazine, has filmed a delightful sneak peek at the new issue that you can watch here: Sneak Peek Issue 96. So many amazing knits in this issue! I want the gorgeous pullover designed by Claire Neicho, which you can also see over on the Knit Now Instagram feed. Isn't it stunning?

To order your copy of this Magazine issue, head over here to MoreMags via this link.

Photo courtesy of Knit Now Magazine (Practical Publishing)

No comments:

Post a Comment