Pages

Friday, October 28, 2016

Running Tide Cowl

A little while ago, I published the resulting pattern from a collaboration with Sea Turtle Fiber Arts, that being the Running Tide Cowl, worked in Breakwater Bulky, in the colour Deep Sea.



Everyone, this yarn is super-cozy and squishy and warm! I really wanted to make the most of that cozy feeling, and so a cabled cowl came to mind. The best bit is that it's REVERSIBLE. This way, whether you wrap it, let it hang loose, or even make it into a scarf instead, there is no wrong side.


I've made it long enough to wrap around twice, but it can be shortened as desired, or lengthened. At the gauge I used, as written, the cowl uses 3 skeins (with about a third of the third skein left over), but 2 skeins would work up into a good shorter cowl, 3 would make for a decent length scarf, and 4 would get you a nice long scarf, or a triple-looped cowl if that is a thing.


This cowl works up super fast; it took me about 3 days (not knitting constantly either) to get it done, though it took me a little longer to find time in the schedule for grafting, blocking, and getting photos taken. Now that the weather is getting a lot colder, treat yourself to a weekend of knitting so that you can be cozy next week!

Pattern available for purchase on Ravelry for $6.75CAD
(Ravelry membership is not required to shop on Ravelry)
just click away here:



For more of my knitting patterns available for sale, please head to my patterns page.

No comments:

Post a Comment