Pages

Friday, April 24, 2015

Mount Robson Sneak Peek

I am extremely pleased to announce that I have a men's pullover design in Interweave Knits Summer 2015!

Photo courtesy of Harper Point Photography for Interweave Knits Summer 2015, used with permission

Interweave is the first knitting magazine that I ever bought, back when I first started knitting, so I am extremely delighted to have my Mount Robson Pullover be a part of it. If you follow the above link, you can check out the issue preview and see lots of great knits. I particularly love the Chesapeake Jacket, where a sea critter and knitwear unite in the best way possible!
Mount Robson Peak

Emperor Falls



I named my men's pullover after Mount Robson, which I hiked back in 1998 with my Karate club. We worked our way up to Berg Lake and back down the same day, with a stop at Emperor Falls for lunch. I had the dubious distinction of being longest on the trail (tip: Break in your hiking boots before your trip!), but had a great time no matter how sore my feet got.






Berg Glacier above Berg Lake






The sweater itself is great for hiking. Lightweight yet warm, it proves that wool is for Summer too! As you're climbing, the weather can shift fairly dramatically as you reach higher altitudes, so a wool sweater like this one is just the thing to carry in your backpack; extra warmth without extra weight to carry.









The slip-stitch rib pattern gives considerable stretch to the garment for ease of layering, and it features contrasting texture with the stockinette saddles. For more photos, the Ravelry preview is also up.

You can buy your copy of the magazine here: Interweave Store

Kinney Lake


No comments:

Post a Comment