Pages

Thursday, October 09, 2014

In Which I Show Off New Spindle-Spun Yarn

Today has been a great day so far! I've finished knitting, weaving-in, and blocking a sample (OK, I did that last night, but it's already dry, so I can post it, and that's important). I've received a work e-mail that makes me very happy, and I have a wee bit of time to blog before I get back to catching up on an enormous amount of housework that I've been neglecting.

Also, my new yarn is dry.

You may remember this fine bit of woolly fluff (Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Roving in Tidepool Heather, 100g worth):




Which I had S-spun, into singles, which I wound into these plying-balls:




Which I Z-plied, and then I S-plied those Z-plies to make this lovely little cabled yarn that pleases me to no end:



Have I mentioned how much I'm enjoying spinning? It's very satisfying, and is a lovely hobby to enjoy as a break from knitting when I am working on samples.


No comments:

Post a Comment