Pages

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

What's Your Fancy?

Finally, the moment I've been waiting for:

I am releasing the pattern for my daughter's Faaancy sweater under the name "What's Your Fancy?"

While I had finished the last few details on the pattern itself last week, it has been so cold that of course I could not take my little one outside for a photo shoot.

Luckily, we had a lovely weekend, so here we have "What's Your Fancy?" with all new photos. Yes there is snow on the ground, but it was nice and warm by our standards!













"What's Your Fancy?" is a slim-fitting seamless yoked child's pullover, knit in the round, with  optional Picot edgings on cuffs, collar, and hem.  A wide neck makes it easier for children to pull it over the head. To fit body chest measurement of 21(23, 25) inches [53(58, 64)] cm. The sweater is knit in Mirasol Lachiwa, a Pima Cotton and Linen blend.

The benefit of waiting until after a sweater is knit to add embellishment is that kids will often change their minds as to what they want on it. I believe my daughter asked for caterpillars, flowers, butterflies, little people, and faeries, depending on the day.

On the day the sweater was ready for embroidery, she asked for "the whole of outer space" but was, luckily for me, content with the moon and a few stars.

Suit the fancy of the child you love to knit for! "What's Your Fancy?" pattern is available for purchase through Craftsy (see sidebar), and Ravelry here:
 





No comments:

Post a Comment