Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

One! One Vampire, ah, ah, ah, ah!

Just a quick post to say Happy Halloween, and to share the costume made for my eldest. Really, I just made the vest, as the cape is one I made last year. I made the vest reversible so that it can be used for other less vampirey costumes, and my daughter picked out the fabric because she was delighted that it had a blood-spatter pattern. 

The fabric was slippery slidy and a complete pain to work with, but my daughter is quite happy with the result, so I won't worry too much about the vest's many faults. Gel the hair back and do a bit of face-painting, and we have one very delighted and slightly creepy trick-or-treater!

It might be a bit chilly out, but not too bad for Halloween, with the low being zero Celsius, though it would be nice if the wind and rain would settle down. Still, it's better than snow, which is really not quite the right atmosphere!

No comments:

Post a Comment