My younger daughter, somehow, had only one pair of shorts. I'm not sure how that happened. So, now she has two pairs! Usually she wears skorts, so a short shortage wasn't a big deal until she became a soccer player.
Here are her new Pomegranite (short) Pants!
I used the tutorial here at Made, where Dana shows us how to draft your own pattern using existing clothes. It was quick, easy, and worked out great! I could have used a taller waistband, but other than that, I think I got it right. They're made with leftover quilting cotton, and have an elastic waistband. Maybe next time I will be ambitious enough to add pockets. Maybe.
She seems pleased, anyhow, and says they are comfortable.
Now, since I promised tulip photos, I'll leave you with them now, with the promise of more to come.