Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Pomegranite Pants

My younger daughter, somehow, had only one pair of shorts. I'm not sure how that happened. So, now she has two pairs! Usually she wears skorts, so a short shortage wasn't a big deal until she became a soccer player.

Here are her new Pomegranite (short) Pants!



















I used the tutorial here at Made, where Dana shows us how to draft your own pattern using existing clothes. It was quick, easy, and worked out great! I could have used a taller waistband, but other than that, I think I got it right. They're made with leftover quilting cotton, and have an elastic waistband. Maybe next time I will be ambitious enough to add pockets. Maybe.

She seems pleased, anyhow, and says they are comfortable.




Now, since I promised tulip photos, I'll leave you with them now, with the promise of more to come.






No comments:

Post a Comment