Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pottery, Tea and Knitting

It's chilly out, and at least some of my housework is done (the rest can wait until later), so it's time for tea and knitting.

 Having made mint tea in this teapot




I will be knitting this bit of Knit Picks Galileo into something lovely that I'll tell you about later (perhaps much later; a miss-crossed cable that I tried dropping down to fix caused enough consternation that I ripped back to the lifeline that I had thankfully placed earlier)


and will enjoy using my favourite mug made by my favourite mother, who will have her wares on display at the Calgary Clay Arts Association Christmas Sale



To say this mug isn't really representative of what she does now (it was made quite a long time ago) is no knock against the mug, again, it's my favourite, but if you can make it down to the show in Calgary, I promise you will be gosh-darn-impressed by her lovely decorative raku pieces. I know I was very impressed as I was watching her firing them up in her kiln, and I already knew she was awesome.

So, if you're in Calgary on Saturday November 24th, I promise you won't regret stopping by to check things out at Bridgeland Community Hall (from 10am to 5pm).

(Yes, there's a cookie in the photo as well; it's Martha Stewart's chewy chocolate gingerbread, which is a holiday favourite around here. Yes, I've started Christmas baking, but only these ones so far. Yes, I'm eating the Christmas baking. I made a few extra to get us through November; like I said, they're our favourites).

No comments:

Post a Comment