Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Suspense

I just realized today that I may have left a few people in suspense as to whether I finished that sweater on time!

Well, I did. I finished sewing the buttons on while on the way back from Calgary. Luckily, my mom had buttons in her button jar to fit this nicely, because my collection of buttons was not up to the task. I had about a yard of yarn left after sewing everything together, so I was cutting that really close as well as the deadline!

I'm looking forward to taking a picture of my nephew wearing this, but I think we should wait until after the current heat-wave passes. Perhaps in the fall.

The yarn is Sirdar Juicy DK, which is a cotton-bamboo blend. The swatch came out well after being chucked into the dryer as well as the washer, so it should be easy-care as well as soft on the skin.

The pattern is Aran Sweater and Cardigan by Zoƫ Mellor, which was a nice pattern, though I really would have loved to have charts. I got by anyhow by using sticky notes to keep my place, and after finishing the back, the work on the front was much easier to keep track of.

No comments:

Post a Comment