Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

I finally got up the nerve to sew with knit fabric. For that, I would like to thank Rae of Made by Rae for her Knitterviews series, as well as for pointing the way to Patterns by Figgy's, who is in turn responsible for the Tee for Two pattern that I used to make the T-shirt being worn here by my oldest:


I made two T-shirts out of two of my old long-sleeved shirts, one for each girl. My youngest wanted to wear a heart today too, so she's not wearing her shirt today (we put a flower on that one), but I'm sure it will turn up here someday.

I think it turned out just darling, and it was much easier than I had thought it would be. If you've been thinking of trying to sew with knits, stop waiting and just do it. I don't have a serger, but did use a walking foot. That's about it, really. Go for it!

Now, as to the reason that the girls are covered in chocolate icing here, I must add that today we made cupcakes. I played around with my new piping tips that my mom gave me for Christmas, and the kids played around with sprinkles. I used the Company's Coming One Bowl White Cake recipe, and added a packet of strawberry drink mix to make them pink and strawberry-like. I'll leave you with our baking montage, and hope that you're having at least as much fun as we're having (and more fun than the clean-up will be).










No comments:

Post a Comment