Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Shiny New Finished Project

Hi, I haven't vanished or anything, aside from a long weekend away, but since I've been back I was struck down with a cold. I'm still recovering from the cold, so I will catch up on things later, but in the meantime, let me distract you with a finished project (finished beside a lake on the last lovely day we have since had):



One set of Fallberry Mitts by Anne Hanson for my daughter's dance teacher.

 
 
These were knit in Lana Grossa Cool Wool Merino 2000 (a very nice wool indeed, even if someone did get a bit carried away in naming it), which I picked it up at River City Yarns (where I hadn't been in awhile as I'd been knitting mainly from the stash of late). I modified the pattern a bit to make up for the fact that I didn't have quite enough yarn, at least not for the larger size that I was making. I used up every scrap of the yarn, and just managing to squeak by through leaving out one pattern repeat at the cuff, and leaving out another section at the end.

I'll be back to blog a bit more sometime next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment