Pages

Wednesday, June 08, 2011

In Which a Few Moments are Stolen to Share Photos and Praise Mulch

 I've been knitting, but I haven't quite finished any of the projects that I have on the go. I promise I will show pictures next week though, even if I haven't quite finished them then either.

In the meantime, I've also been cleaning out the storage room, slowly whittling away at a select group of items from the to-do-list, fighting dandelions, and otherwise gardening.


So, I do have a few photos for you, but then I do have to get back to work (and off to football practice later).

Here's one of my tomato plants:

It looks pretty happy, all in all. This is the first time I've tried growing tomatoes from seed, and so far the leaves are fine, but we'll see how I do with raising the actual fruit.

The Oak tree is now showing definite signs of life, for which we are quite glad:


The tulips are done for the year (though the irises should be coming soon), but in the meantime, here is one of my columbines (I grew these from seed and they are now blooming for the first time):



I just added more mulch to round off the mulching job that I left half finished last year, and there was a wee bit left to add to my veggie/herb/columbine bed. I do need fair bit more for this bed, and for another that I haven't mulched yet, but they might have to wait for awhile so I can get more mulch. I really love how much work the mulch has been saving me elsewhere, so I'm really looking forward to finishing a basic mulching job on all the beds.  It looks so much better too, and it really does do an excellent job of retaining moisture for the plants.

Now, I really should get back to work, but I'll leave you with a question in the meantime:


If I add imitation crab to the Kraft Dinner, is it now Gourmet Kraft Dinner, or merely an efficient way to use up leftovers for a speedy dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment