Pages

Sunday, January 09, 2011

Snow, Snow, and More Snow

I've been slightly jealous of Kyna of Crystal Coast Gardener, who plans to start some gardening related posts very soon (it's decidedly warmer where she lives).  I won't be doing much in the way of gardening before April at the earliest, and really, it's June before things are really in full swing around here.  Now, Kyna used to live up here, and I'm sure she won't be terribly jealous of me when she sees my current garden photos (though I'm sure she'll remember just what this is like).
I wanted to shovel the steps from the top, but wasn't sure where to put my feet

The weeping crabapple

Our new oak tree

The garage planter (really, it's there somewhere).

A cedar that will be very happy to have so much snow to protect it

It's pretty snowy here.  The snow's rather pretty too, if you don't have to go out in it.  Originally they were telling us we'd get 10 cm of snow, but I'm thinking it's more like 40.  I took these photos yesterday, and it's still coming down today (though thankfully in somewhat reduced volume).


Aside from shovelling snow, I've been knitting. 

My friend's mittens are nearly at the halfway point.  I'm making flip-top mittens with texting thumbs (flip-tops on the thumbs too).


I've also finally finished my husband's socks:





These are a modified set of Seeded Rib Socksby Ann Budd, the modification being to knit them in fingering instead of sport weight, changing the sizing to accommodate.  These are knit in Knit Picks Stroll kettle-dyed, I think the colour was Oak.  I love the colour, and I think the stitch pattern looks so very spiffy and dignified.  I think they look pretty cozy (and my husband says they're very comfortable; which they must be, as he walked away after the photo session and left them on for the rest of the day).  They look cozy and warm; quite unlike outside.

1 comment:

  1. The sock are great.
    I wish I had some of your snow, instead of the %&#$")/"$!! ash we have flying around.

    ReplyDelete