Pages

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Party Socks and Muppet Socks


My friend puts all of her socks in a drawer in eaches, pulls out two at random, and calls them ‘Party Socks’, so here are a pair of mismatched socks for her for Christmas. I’m well-pleased, as on the second sock I managed to do the Kitchener stitch from memory instead of looking it up again.

Now, off to start a pair of Dashing

for a teenage boy cousin.  He was very appreciative of his tuque last year, and as he plays the guitar, his mom and I think these will be a hit too.  They'll be a dark greyish black, so I'm not going too far out in left field.

I'm also knitting a pair of anklets out of Regia Softy that greatly resembles a muppet, but is soft like newborn baby hair.

I keep expecting it to start squeaking at me, and was worried about picking up the gusset stitches, but it was less trouble than I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment