Pages

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Christmas Knitting (and Birthdays too, it would seem)


Christmas knitting is in full swing now, with a few sidesteps just to keep me busier.

For instance, I've just finished off a tuque (Montreal Tuque by Veronik Avery) for my brother-in-law in Montreal Canadiens colours for his birthday, and am making matching legwamers for his dog (to match the dog's Canadiens sweater). Luckily the dog only needs them for two of his legs, as the sweater covers the other two well-enough, so I'll be able to get back fairly quickly to a number of works-in-progress, including but unfortunately not limited to a pair of selbuvotter (NHM #3 by Terri Shea), and mis-matched socks (using Ann Budd's Getting Started Knitting Socks as a guideline) for a friend who doesn't wear matching socks if she can help it. I'm most of the way through the socks, but I'm thinking I should make a new rule for next year's Christmas knitting/crocheting: No knitting with anything smaller than Sport weight yarn, or, better yet, worsted. I like making presents, but I'm starting to have way too many projects on the go year-round to spend half the year on Christmas presents, so some limits must be imposed for the sake of sanity.



(Yarn credits: Tuque in King Cole Merino Blend DK, Mittens in Knit Picks Telemark [Lazurite Heather and Drift], Socks in Patons Kroy [Krazy Stripes] and Lorna's Laces [Happy Stripes])

No comments:

Post a Comment