Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

All Work and No Ply Makes Jess a Dull Girl...

I've been working a fair bit lately, but in-between knitting swatches for submissions and a sample for a new pattern, I've been getting a decent bit of spinning done.





In the last few weeks, I've spun black Shetland wool, and wound it into a plying ball.









I've worked off and on on spinning that glowingly blue silk that I bought on my Vancouver vacation last summer.

But mostly, I've been plying this interminably huge plying ball of silk/wool laceweight.




Last night, I finished plying, and today I skeined the thing and washed it.







I've estimated it's somewhere between 719m and 777m, and it's currently busy drying. I'll have to decide whether or not I do want to dye it as well, but in the meantime...











There's some black Shetland that needs plying now that I've freed up a spindle.











No comments:

Post a Comment