Pages

Friday, September 26, 2014

All Over the Place

I've recently finished up one thing, and am waiting for yarn for another thing, so I've been catching up on this and that. I don't mind waiting, but because the yarn could be here in the evening of any given day, I don't really want to start anything new. But then, I'm feeling just antsy enough that I can't really settle to anything in particular either, so nothing has really gotten done either. Of course, the fact that I've had a cold all week hasn't really helped in that department, as I really don't feel like doing much of anything, but have had just enough to do that I didn't really feel like I could take a full day off at any point.

This is apparently what happens in this scenario:

Finished sock one, started sock two, started ignoring sock two:


Finished spinning my singles, finished the first ply for half of them, wound a plying ball for the other half, ignoring them now because it will take too long to ply the second set and I just want to move on to the final ply (I'm making a cabled yarn, so the two two-plys will be plied together).


Finished the collar on Oranje; but now I have to weave-in ends.


Really, I'm quite excited about moving on to the finishing parts of Oranje, but as it has to have the ends woven-in and the whole thing blocked before I can move on to preparing it for steeking, the fact that I can't get it done in a day lessens my enthusiasm for weaving-in ends. Of course, I'm never that enthusiastic for weaving-in ends, so Oranje is sitting for now. If no yarn arrives tonight though, I'll have the whole weekend plus Monday available, so I think I can talk myself into renewed enthusiasm if that is the case.

If the yarn comes, then this weekend = swatch, revise charts as needed, pattern writing, and sample knitting. Really, it's a good outlook for the weekend either way, but for today, with the gloomy rain outside (which never usually bothers me, but today it does), aside from some much-needed housework, I'm playing some more with those Rainbow Leicester Locks:


No comments:

Post a Comment