Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

In Which I do not Actually Start a New Year's Project

 Ever since my first New Year's as a knitter, I have started a new project just for myself as the first thing I knit (even if just a few rows) in the New Year.

Apparently, not this year. I tried. Really, I did. I even swatched, then stopped when I realized I did not own the correct size of needles to try the next size down. I gave up, at least for the moment.

I also inventoried my knitting needles, which was well overdue (particularly after both my grandmother and my husband's grandmother had given me a few sets of needles from their collections sometime last year). I still can't believe I was missing 3.5 mm DPNs, but there you have it. I thought I was also missing 3.5 mm circulars, but I found them during the inventory, and went shopping for the DPNs, so all is now well with the needle collection.

It turns out that the idea of starting another project was actually way too stressful for the joy of starting another project to win me over. I stopped then and there, and went back to finishing up samples for designs that I have been preparing for publication.

One was just finished the other day, and the other should be finished in pretty short order as well. I thought I'd tease you with a couple of photos while you're waiting.


No comments:

Post a Comment