Pages

Friday, October 07, 2011

Lacy Sparkly Manta Ray

Looking, as much as anything, like a lacy, sparkly manta ray, is the finished shawl. I think it's quite lovely, and I hope it manages to raise a good price for the charity auction for the Wellspring centre in Calgary.

Just to recap, I knit the Percy Shawl, by Sanne Kalkman, with Fantastic Knitting Zephyr Laceweight,in lilac. I used two different types of glass beads, one of which was to replace the nupps. I wasn't sure I had quite enough yarn to do the nupps anyhow, and I had seen a few versions of this shawl on Ravelry that had been done with beads instead. The only other change was to repeat Chart A one extra time.




It's a very busy day heading into a very busy weekend, but I wanted to be sure to share the shawl photos beforehand, so here are a few!

3 comments:

  1. That's so pretty! I wish I was talented in that sort of stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:10 am

    It's gorgeous!

    Someone is going to be thrilled with it, I'm sure. :)

    :)
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beauty! You are so generous, giving this treasure away!

    ReplyDelete