Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Presenting my Farmer's Market Cardigan


I just finished up knitting my
Farmer's Market Cardigan by Connie Chang Chinchio, in Patons Classic Wool, colour: Cognac Heather, and I'm well-pleased.

It took just over two months, which is not too bad, considering I kept interrupting progress with other projects.  The sweater is cozy, warm, and, in my opinion, altogether spiffy.

The Kitchener Stitch Rocks
I really enjoyed this project, and the only change I made was to graft the two collar pieces together instead of sewing them.  I didn't much want another seam up the back of the collar, and it just took a bit (well, a fair bit) of concentration to get it done.  The slight jog in the ribbing along the graft doesn't really show since the cabling made the ribs wavy throughout anyway.

It's way too warm to wear in the heat (today is 24 Celsius, which is quite nice, but not sweater weather), but it's meant to be in the range of 13 to 15 degrees Celsius over the weekend, so I might be wearing this sooner than not.  At any rate, I wore it outside for a few minutes anyhow and played with the camera timer to get a few more photos (below).  I would still be wearing the cardigan if it weren't so hot out, so it should get a lot of wear this fall and winter. 
 
Yes, I realize I'm wearing socks and sandals.  I'm deeply sorry, but I'm not going back out in the heat to fix the problem.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment