Presenting the Artisan's Vest by Claire Wilson / Elizabeth Mills, in Araucania Ranco Solid (colourway: iron) , modified with much math by me so that I could use fingering weight in the gauge that I wanted. I'm not extremely confident with math generally, but seem to have managed just fine, so perhaps I should trust myself more.
The subject of pockets for my husband's pocket-watch came up once the vest was pretty much finished, so I may try Afterthought Pockets (but not today). If I do, I'll be sure to document the process.
In other news, I did start a new project despite my resolve to finish at least one of the three pairs of socks in progress, but really, I did need a plain stockinette project for those moments when nothing else would do (and besides, one non-fingering weight project is probably a good idea), so I cast on the
Sailor's Rib Sweater by Wendy Bernard. I'm enjoying the soft yarn (Berroco Vintage) and the quick project. I still hope to finish a pair of socks before the end of the month, so we'll see how things go, as I should really get to the yardwork now that we have a week of lovely weather.