Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

In which I Both Finish and Start Something

My husband's vest is complete!  I was too excited about posting this to wait for him to come home and model it, so here it is sans owner. 

Presenting the Artisan's Vest by Claire Wilson / Elizabeth Mills, in Araucania Ranco Solid (colourway: iron) , modified with much math by me so that I could use fingering weight in the gauge that I wanted.  I'm not extremely confident with math generally, but seem to have managed just fine, so perhaps I should trust myself more.

The subject of pockets for my husband's pocket-watch came up once the vest was pretty much finished, so I may try Afterthought Pockets (but not today).  If I do, I'll be sure to document the process.

My younger daughter decided to help with the crocheting. 

In other news, I did start a new project despite my resolve to finish at least one of the three pairs of socks in progress, but really, I did need a plain stockinette project for those moments when nothing else would do (and besides, one non-fingering weight project is probably a good idea), so I cast on the
Sailor's Rib Sweater by Wendy Bernard.  I'm enjoying the soft yarn (Berroco Vintage) and the quick project.  I still hope to finish a pair of socks before the end of the month, so we'll see how things go, as I should really get to the yardwork now that we have a week of lovely weather.


1 comment:

  1. Love the waistcoat - I have knitting one in denim for my hubby for 3 years now!

    Kath
    x

    ReplyDelete